Sunday 10 August 2014

LuxStyle Blackhead Killer - A Review.

A few months ago there were quite a few reviews of this product, the PR machine had obviously been in overdrive sending out samples.  I decided to treat myself to try and repair my skin after the disastrous skin peel I had several weeks back.

Was the Blackhead Killer up to the challenge?

As well as the clogged pores and blackheads I already suffered on my nose and chin, I now seem to have a permanent crop of whiteheads on my chin and forehead.  The now permanently raised and clogged pores on my cheeks feel like sandpaper.

At £14.95 for 5 sachets, the stuff is not cheap, but if it works then it is worth it.



The mask itself is thick and black and gloopy (if you have been watching Helix, that is quite a similar look), but has quite a pleasant smell.


You spread it all over the areas that you want to cover, I would avoid any sensitive areas and you look like this.


It says on the packet to leave it for 10 minutes, but it still felt a bit damp so in the end I left it for 15 minutes.

Then you peel it off.

It does stick to your face very well and therefore takes a bit of peeling, it feels like your face is stretching for miles.  If you peel carefully enough and your skin is as congested as mine is, you can actually see little plugs of gunk adhering to the inner side of the peel, with the peel being black they show up particularly well.  You can also see the little bits of gunk if you turn the peel you have removed over, as you can on a pore strip.

It is impossible to peel off hair, but a quick wipe with a warm flannel soon takes care of any remaining peel.

My skin does feel better, it looks brighter too, I am disappointed that the whiteheads do not appear to have been removed although a lot of the blackheads have.  My sandpaper cheeks, whilst certainly not yet smooth, feel much better but how temporary this improvement is remains to be seen.


No comments:

Post a Comment