Sunday 14 September 2014

I am fat. And it is my own fault.

I have never had a problem with the word fat.  I am fat because I eat too much and don't exercise at all.  I walk to and from places but I don't see walking as exercise, it is just something you do to get somewhere.

Being told I am fat and/or ugly has never bothered me because I know I am.

As I said in the opening paragraph, I am fat because I eat too much.  I don't eat rubbish, I don't buy cakes and only occasionally buy chocolate as there are certain times of the month when chocolate is needed.  I do eat cake if I go to Mum and Dad's at the weekend and Dad has brought cakes whilst he has been at the shops.

I don't like salad, but I do like other vegetables, I have three raised beds in my garden and grow a lot of my own, things like cabbage, cauliflower, courgette and aubergines.  

I don't feel that a meal has to contain meat or potatoes to be a meal, I eat a lot of Quorn.

I just eat too much.




I know what clothes suit me, and I stick to those styles.  I don't wear dresses or skirts, I stick to trousers and blouses for work, jeans and tshirts at the weekends.  I don't tend to go out more than a couple of times a year, so dressy clothes are not needed.

I don't flash the flesh or wear tight things, but choose well cut items that highlight the best of me and cover the rest of me.  I have no idea what size I am, when I have to buy clothes I grab a handful of different sizes and buy whichever I think looks best, it could be a size 18, it could be a size 26, I have both these sizes and all those in between in my wardrobe, and they all fit.

I am healthy, apart from a bout of Gastro-Enteritis at 6 months old, a Dermoid Cyst which required the removal of an ovary and my current mental health issues I have never had any illnesses beyond the usual childhood ones.

I don't get upset by so-called fat-shaming posts because I have no problem with being fat.  I don't feel bullied by these posts either, as you can only be bullied if you let yourself be bullied.

Please remember, this is only my opinion, it is not intended to offend anyone.

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading this & your perspective. I think wearing the right clothes says it all, I see lots of people squashing into a size that doesn't fit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment, I do sometimes look at people and wonder if they see the same as the rest of us sees.

    ReplyDelete