Tuesday 30 September 2014

Why I won't be going to see Queen and Adam Lambert

Several times over the Convention weekend we have been told that there was going to be a special announcement on Monday morning.  As Queen and Adam Lambert have just completed a tour of North America, we all guessed that the announcement would be that they were to tour the UK.

And yes, that was the announcement.

As Queen fan club members we had the opportunity to purchase tickets before they went on sale to the general public.  I followed the link, if the tickets were not too expensive then one could be my Christmas present to myself.

The tickets were £78.00, which does include booking fee (oh good) plus £2.30 postage, a total of more than £80.

By the time I add in train fares, hotel for the night, food and a couple of drinks, it could come to more than £200. As I said in my last post, I could have had 3 nights at the Convention for £79.

I would rather put one of my CDs on and listen to them as they were at their peak.

Several people I know have bought tickets for 4 or 5 different nights and venues across the country.  Where are they getting the money?

And if £80 per ticket is not enough for you, you can purchase a VIP package for £1,008, yes, that does say £1,008, again plus postage.

As you can see from the picture below, this includes a seat on the stage.  Why would you want to sit on the stage?  You will probably spend most of the show staring at the back of Brian's head.



Unfortunately, as long as people are willing to pay these prices, things will never change.

I am going to save my money and put it towards a weekend somewhere, or maybe next year's fan club convention.

No comments:

Post a Comment