Sunday 15 September 2013

Sunday Night Mash Up

This week has been a bad week.  Everything, and I mean everything, has really gotten on my pip.  I have lost count of the amount of times I have had to bite my lip to stop screaming at someone.


There is stuff going on at work, which obviously I cannot talk about, but that isn't helping either.

I have been in Birmingham again this weekend studying for my ACCA, it was a Sunday only weekend, but I had still booked a hotel for the Saturday night as it is so much easier than trying to get over from Coventry on Sunday by train.  I stayed in the same hotel as last weekend but it has now changed brands, and boy is it obvious, there will be a separate post about that as I cannot do it justice here.

I have been enjoying the module we studied today which is Performance Management, however (you just knew there was going to be a 'however'), today we spent the best part of three hours drawing three very simple graphs.  I know these days that we no longer draw graphs by hand, Microsoft Office has seen to that, you enter your data into a table, press a couple of buttons and presto! There is your graph.

But they are not rocket science.  

I am by far the oldest in the class.  I am also one of the few who has not been to university.  But, without wishing to sound big-headed, I do feel that I am one of the few with any sort of basic skills when it comes to doing stuff on paper, rather than on a computer when really, everything is done for you.  I have not drawn a graph since I left school, and I left school in 1987, and yet I was left twiddling my thumbs whilst everyone finished.  Some students couldn't even work out the scale of the graph, in fact for the second and final graph, the tutor actually told us how many squares on the graph paper to use per thousand.

I have a weekend off from studying next week, I am off to Norwich for a four year old's birthday party and I am really looking forward to it, I just hope the weather holds up.  And also that I can remember where I put the train tickets.

Saturday I had my hair cut at Enigma Hair & Beauty, this place is great and I cannot fault the staff.  I love my new hair apart from the fact that it REALLY highlights my grey.  I am torn between dyeing it but have no idea what colour, or just to grow old gracefully and leave it as it is, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment