Friday 20 December 2013

Christmas Songs

Much as I don't particularly enjoy Christmas, I do like some of the music that is associated with it.

Here is a selection.

The Muppet Christmas Carol - Ebeneezer Scrooge: I love this, in fact it is my ring tone



Nativity! - Sparkle and Shine: It was ages before I actually watched this film, yes it was filmed in my city (Coventry), my former school (Coventry School - Bablake, used in the film as Oakmoor School) and a former workplace (I had a brief stint at the Cathedral), but it was about kids.  I eventually watched it and was hooked, tears were streaming down my face.  And who couldn't love Bob!


The Pogues and Kirsty MacColl - Fairytale of New York:  I can't find anything wrong with this track, I like the Pogues and I thought Kirtsy MacColl was great and yet another talent taken before their time.



The Waitresses - Christmas Wrapping: I know it is officially the countdown to Christmas when I hear this.


David Essex - A Winter's Tale


Slade - Merry Christmas Everybody: Will get everyone up and dancing, every time!



Queen - Thank God It's Christmas: I couldn't not put this in!


and finally, something a bit more serious

Greg Lake - I Believe in Father Christmas.


No comments:

Post a Comment