Thursday 28 March 2013

It's a four day weekend.

It's Easter



It's a four day weekend, hurrah! Or, maybe, it's a four day weekend, boo!

I am firmly in the camp of the second statement.  Whilst many people will use these 4 days to get away, to spend time with friends, partners, children, getting out and about, or even just getting falling over drunk, the only people I will be seeing this weekend are Mum and Dad.

Now don't get me wrong, I love Mum and Dad, I love them, I am eternally grateful for the things they have done for me, I would be lost without them and if anyone hurt them I would kill them.  However, at the age of 42 I really should have more to show for my life.  

I should have a group of a few close friends with whom I can arrange regular nights out or weekends away in Barcelona.  Or I should have a partner, and we could spend the weekend in a cosy b&b somewhere, or decorating our child's, or even grandchild's, bedroom.



I am hoping that this year will be better and I will spend time with people outside of work hours sometimes throughout the year, after all, even Sheldon Cooper was found a girlfriend.

In other news, the snow is finally going and I received the results of my first interim assessment and I passed! Not even scraped by, a proper pass!

Enjoy your Easter everyone and don't eat too many eggs!

No comments:

Post a Comment