Sunday, 24 March 2013

Sunday Night Mash Up

This has been a very exhausting week, not really that busy but I feel drained.

Tuesday evening I tried to email my first Interim Assessment to the training centre for marking, the cut off was 2pm Wednesday but I could not find the email address anywhere in the paperwork or even online.  I remembered that we had been told not to email it to our tutor but to email it to submissions so for the lack of anything else I tried to email to '', it bounced back undeliverable.

I then emailed it to my work address so that I could send it from there once I had phoned up to get the correct email address in the morning.

Wednesday morning I had my regular 12 weekly appointment with the nurse at my GP's surgery, I have the Depo-Provera injection, and not for either of the two main reasons it is given.  This time, however, I finally found the courage to talk to the nurse about how I have been feeling for the last 10 years or so.

For the last decade I have felt depressed,  I tried to get help when I first started feeling this way and to be fair, the first doctor I saw at the surgery was very helpful, she listened, but quite rightly sent me off for blood tests to rule out anything chemical.  On my return to the surgery I was not able to get an appointment with the same doctor and saw a locum who was not at all sympathetic and told me that my results were normal and that I needed to cut out the part of my life that was causing the issue.

Since then I have dealt with everything myself, bottling everything up and never feeling 100% right.

Things have deteriorated over the last couple of years but I have still tried to cope.  I have sometimes wanted to say something at one of my appointments but have always lost my bottle but this time I did not give myself time to think about it, I was feeling particularly bad and so it all just spewed out of me.  The result, more blood tests, I go tomorrow and I have an appointment with a doctor on the 5th April, I have been assured that she is lovely and will help me.  So we shall see.

I then got into work.  I tried to phone my training provider to get the correct email address to send my assessment to, they still had the 'out of hours' voicemail on telling me they were closed and to try after 8.30am (it was well after 9.30am at this point).  I emailed my tutor to ask the address, I knew that she was off on annual leave but I didn't know if anyone else was monitoring her emails, no reply.  I emailed another tutor, no reply.  I tried ringing again, still the out of hours message.

I then had to go to a meeting and so resigned myself to the fact that I would not be able to submit my assessment.  I got back to my desk 10 minutes before the deadline of 2pm, phoned again and success!  I was able to get the address and sent my email with minutes to spare.  Now I just have to wait for the results.

Thursday and Friday were pretty uneventful, apart from being really busy at work.

All week I had been looking forward to having my haircut on Saturday, Friday night I realised that I had got my dates wrong and my appointment isn't until next weekend.

Saturday, this is what I woke up to on Saturday

It snowed all day Saturday and all through the night too.

Today, Sunday, I had to attend a training session in Birmingham.  The buses were not running and the first train was going to get me where I needed to be about 10 minutes late, which I thought in this weather would be OK (I hate being late anywhere so I was going to have to grit my teeth and accept it).  However, Dad offered to take me, even though he hates driving in the snow.

The roads were not good, although they were all main A roads, because it was so early hardly anyone had been out so the roads were still covered.  We drove carefully and left massive gaps between us and the vehicle in front.  Everything was going well until we were about half a mile from our destination.  Dad tried to break for a roundabout, he wasn't going fast, and we just started going sideways and eventually ended up sideways across two lanes, Dad had started to turn into the skid and I think that stopped us doing a 360.  We were both a bit shaken and missed the next exit resulting in a bit of a detour.  But we got there.  

I was a bit worried about Dad driving back so texted Mum to ask her to let me know when he got home.  He did the journey back in less than half the time it taken to get to Birmingham, there was more traffic about and so the roads were a lot better to drive on.

I then sat through 7 hours of Audit training, not the most inspiring topic.  At lunchtime I stepped out to get some fresh air and nearly went straight on my bum on the sheet ice that had formed around the building.  But I guess I would not have been the first person to fall over on Broad Street.

I caught the train home and decided to splash out and go First Class, and this was my reward.

Luckily it is only a 4 day week this week, I think I need a long weekend to catch my breath!

No comments:

Post a comment