Thursday 2 May 2013

It just hit me in the shower.

In 9 days time I will be sat in my extra leg room seat on a Monarch plane on the way to Spain for a week.  AND I AM NOT READY!

The accommodation, flights and transfers are paid.  The insurance is arranged.  Spending money has been saved.  But otherwise, mentally and materially, I am not ready.

I need to get my money changed to euros, I need my eyebrows transforming back into two separate entities. I have nothing to wear at night should I leave my room, I have been running through what is in my wardrobe and nothing seems suitable.  I don't even know what sort of thing I would want to wear at night.


I will be wearing the same shorts and tshirts that I have been wearing for the last 4 or 5 years.

Last time I went to Spain by myself I had a wasted week.  I left the room during the day only long enough for the maid to service it, I would go for a couple of drinks after dinner and then be back in the room by 8pm.  By Wednesday I was not going out after dinner, by Thursday I was not even going down to dinner.

I said at the time that I would not go away again by myself.  I only made the decision to go this time as my friend was coming with me, now that they have cancelled I really do not want to go. But I don't want to lose the money I have paid out.

I will be taking my ACCA books with me, if I am going to be stuck in my room alone for a week I may as well make use of it.

Any suggestions as to what I should wear at night would be gratefully received.

No comments:

Post a Comment