Friday 21 June 2013

A Rant.

I am going to have a bit of a rant about how people seem to treat relationships, family and friends, the names have been removed to protect the (not so) innocent.

A few years ago, an acquaintance of mine (we have never met, but are online friends) split from her boyfriend as he was cheating on her and she turned to me for advice, I have no idea why as I obviously have no experience of going through a break up.  She said she could not afford to leave the house they shared as she had no money, although she had a full time job all her wages went into her boyfriend's bank account.  She said that she would not be able to get her own account due to getting in debt previously, I pointed out to her that she could get one, probably with just an ATM card rather than a debit card but she would get one.  

I asked her if she had friends nearby that she could stay with, she said she had no friends locally, they were all her boyfriend's friends.  I spent weeks trying to help her as best as I could being so far away.

Then she got back with her boyfriend.

All of a sudden she was spending money like it was going out of fashion, buying expensive trinkets and cars; taking up expensive hobbies.  Referencing her 'good friends' and 'very good friends' that weeks before she said she didn't have.  Back to complaining that she hadn't had a holiday for so long (spending almost every weekend away in the caravan during the summer months apparently didn't count.  When this was pointed out to her, not by me I have to say, she got very huffy).

Now when she mentions how long they have been together, she tends to leave out the part where they split up.

I have another acquaintance who is always bemoaning how much their job takes them away from the children, which is fair enough.  However, at the weekend when they can spend time with the kids, they palm them off on family so that they can go out partying and drinking.  Strange how it is only when they are at work that they miss their kids.

Someone else has just split with their girlfriend of three years.  A few days later they had the cheek to complain that a bloke had come up to them in the pub and had a go at them for sleeping with their (the bloke in the pub) ex-girlfriend 11 months ago.  Would that be whilst you were still with your own girlfriend then sunshine?

A yet further person is always complaining that they never see anyone and are always alone, generally followed within minutes by a post about heading off to the pub for lunch with XXXX, or about someone coming round, or about meeting someone for a trip round the shops.  They have absolutely no idea what it is like to actually never see anyone.  I go to work, I go to college  and unless I go away I don't see anyone at any other times, I have in the past not spoken for an entire week simply because there was no-one to talk to.

I could go on, but I think I have said enough, gggrrrrrrrr.



No comments:

Post a Comment