Sunday 23 June 2013

Sunday Night Mash Up

This week I have been poorly again, I won't go into details suffice to say I have become very familiar with toilets that I would not have used had I had a choice.  They weren't quite as bad as the toilet in Trainspotting (Google it if you can't remember the scene) but not far off.  I am feeling better now and actually felt hungry this morning for the first time in over a week.  I am glad I am over it but I am happy with the nearly half stone weight loss, that is more than I ever lost in a week when I was dieting.

This week at work we had a rehearsal for our performance this Friday, it is 65 years of the NHS this year and the hospital is holding an event and some of us have 'volunteered' to help out.  We are dressing up in 1940s outfits and have also 'volunteered' to be backing singers/dancers for a colleague who is singing.  Unfortunately we are currently looking more like a Morecambe and Wise sketch so we should provide a laugh if nothing else.

I am still trying to get my hair to go into a Victory Roll, or Betty Page fringe or any sort of 40s hairdo with no success, I can't even get a headscarf to stay on, it keeps sliding off, so I am still not sure what I am going to do with it.

Yesterday I had my haircut (which is probably not assisting me in my hair styling efforts).  It looked fab when I left the hairdressers but by the time I got to the end of the road the wind had done its job and I looked like Waynetta Slob again.

Today I have been baking, I have made some Sweet Potato Muffins and Rhubarb Crumble Muffins to take into work tomorrow.  I think both recipes need work, but they are ok for a first attempt.


I really must get a proper cooling rack so that i don't have to keep using the rack out of the grill tray.

No comments:

Post a Comment