Monday 1 April 2013

Back to work tomorrow, and I really don't want to go.

In much the same way that I was not looking forward to 4 days off work, I am now not looking forward to going back to work. Four days is just long enough for me to sink back into the comfortable little bubble of isolation and I do not want to have to leave the house and face people again.  It is going to be so hard to climb out of my safe bed at 5am tomorrow morning, and even harder not to get back into it.  It is a 4 day week too, so by the time I am just about getting used to facing people again I will be off for another 2 days.  It would be so easy to just pull the covers over my head and pretend the world outside does not exist.  Sometimes, though, even the bed feels too big, and I have been thinking about buying a single bed and moving into the box room.

I had cause to spend a night near Norwich last year and I had booked a single room in a hotel, I would normally book a double for single use but for just one night I didn't bother.  It was a very well appointed en-suite room but tiny too.  I could stand in the middle, stretch my arms out and touch the wall each side but I loved it.  I felt so safe and secure and could have moved in permanently, it was this feeling of security that has had me thinking about moving into the box room, but then I think that it would be a bit ridiculous sleeping  in the smallest room in an otherwise empty three bedroomed house.

It may happen still.

This afternoon I have completed my second interim assessment for ACCA, this one was on Audit and was a 'wordy' paper, (the previous was for Tax and was a 'number' paper), I just need to rewrite it now so that it can be read, scan it (that will be fun) and email it to my training provider.  My first exam is just 9 weeks away now, eeekkk.

Time, I think now, for a cup of coffee and a piece of cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment